"Online Experiences is, by far, the fastest growing product we’ve ever launched. It’s so much faster than homes ever grew and growing even faster than our in-person experiences. It’s been incredible… We have online experience hosts making $1000/day."
- Brian Chesky, Co-Founder Airbnb
Our training has been featured by...
If you want to generate cash flow, find new customers and create sustainable, resilient online products and services… there has never been a better time.
The Virtual Tour Business Program is an accelerated online coaching program for innovative tour business owners and freelance guides looking to generate new income, leverage their talents to serve customers in new ways and to have purpose-driven work in these times of uncertainty.
Virtual Tour Business will fast-track your research, development and product launches and save you months of expensive trial and error. Skip the overwhelm and tech headaches and receive the exact tools, tactics and strategies you need to bring your online tours and experiences to market.
Let’s face it. We didn’t think we’d be here either…
In just a few short months, the novel coronavirus has turned the world upside down.
It’s decimated entire industries and hundreds of millions of jobs have suddenly disappeared.
For many of the tour business owners we’re speaking to, there is a real feeling of desperation.
Multiple thousands of dollars of refunds, staff layoffs, selling assets and vehicles, and looking at cashflow runways that are genuinely scary.
For freelance guides - the bookings, contracts and clients that sustain their livelihood have evaporated into thin air.
It can seem like the future is bleak, with few prospects, and people potentially stuck in their homes and communities for an unknown amount of time.
It’s an uneasy time for all of us.
We were in the exact same funk. But then something came to us...
People around the world ARE spending money - they’re just spending it different ways...
Consider which businesses and industries are literally booming right now.
Eric Yuan, the CEO of Zoom video conferencing just increased his net worth by $2 billion dollars.
And yes, that is billions with a ‘B’.
Blue Apron, a fresh meal kit delivery service has seen their stock value skyrocket over 500%
Teachable - the online teaching software that powers our own Online Tourism Academy was acquired for 250million dollars in just the last month!
These are just a small handful of the thousands of examples…
Supplement and health companies, homeschooling products and services, delivery services, virtual education and remote coaching, media streaming services - they’re all innovating, expanding and responding to unprecedented demand.... and earning unprecedented profits.
"It is time to apply serious brainpower to think of innovative solutions for generating cash flow. Focus on new, different cash flow opportunities first and THEN ways of filling your future pipelines for later this year and 2021."
- Peter Syme, Strategic Advisor, Speaker and Owner 1000-Mile Journeys
The old reality is over.
The assumptions everyone had about what consumers want, what they will pay, and what they need right now are all out the window.
To thrive in this new reality, you need to meet people where they are at TODAY and be prepared to shift, pivot and re-orient the way you do business.
Take my friend Donna for example. She’s a private saxophone tutor and had a thriving business tutoring hundreds of students a year.
Like many others, she saw her business and entire livelihood evaporate in just one week.
Her response? She looked at her experience and skillset and asked...
How can I serve others RIGHT NOW? What problems can I solve for people.
Within one week she had launched online saxophone tutoring and is now working on a new online course for beginners.
In the last few weeks she’s already earned over $5000.
Is tutoring online the BEST way to teach saxophone?
Almost certainly not… But that doesn’t matter.
She is helping people with what they need RIGHT NOW.
It’s not that people aren’t spending money, they’re simply spending it in different ways.
It’s time to stand up and do what we do best in our industry.
To listen. To lead. And to serve.
But I hear you already...
“Moving experiences online is simply not going to work in our industry!”
Tourism is all about physically travelling from one place to another. Staying in new places, eating in new restaurants and having new experiences.
It’s not like you could turn a food tour into a virtual experience, right?”
Well… I’m actually glad you brought that up ; )
When Akila McConnel of Unexpected Atlanta saw that her entire lineup of food tour income was gone - she had a choice to make.
Either to lay off her staff, cut expenses and just focus on surviving until tourism bounces back…
OR, to pull together a team meeting and spend an entire week focusing on how they could pivot, adapt and serve in this new reality.
In just one week they launched their first virtual experience
‘The ATL Food Tour Box: Atlanta’s #1 Rated Food Tour in Your Home’
5 tastings from 3 restaurants, including pre-recorded videos with local chefs AND a fun, hands-on historic recipe with another chef-led video recording.
The package is shipped right to your front door with simple instructions for accessing your video guides, recipes and digital content.
Now does this sound like something the millions and millions of people stuck in their homes around Atlanta, the United States and the WHOLE world might be interested in??
And what if it was priced at $69.99?
Akila tells me they’ve already sold out!!
They’re scrambling to get more boxes prepared and are taking steps to be able to ship anywhere in the country!
"I’m not a huge believer in luck; luck is an event that happens to someone by chance. I believe more in serendipity — serendipity means an unsought event that happens — and then we have to turn those serendipitous moments into a positive result."
- Akila McConnel, Unexpected Atlanta
"There was one comment that Kelsey said that changed my life: 'Acknowledge that right now the world needs your special gifts and abilities more than ever before in human history.' That one statement had an enormous impact on me."
And what can we learn from Avital Ungar, the founder of a culinary experience company?
She just finished writing a blog post called “How I Reinvented our Tour Company in 5 Days”
In one of the most decisive weeks in the history of her company - Avital and her team decided to move forward with a full digital pivot of her tour business.
In her own words,
“Each day last week we ran a new experiment — the initial days were mostly related to selling our existing product lines but that quickly changed as new information came in.
By the end of the week we had fully reoriented ourselves to focus on digital and remote offerings.”
Avital’s team jumped on the opportunity to host live online events with her charismatic guides, chefs and industry contacts.
By the end of the week, ‘Virtual Events’ had found a prominent new home on their website
1-hour cooking and storytelling virtual seminars featuring a local chef or restauranteur.
They also released a ‘Virtual Mixologist Experience’ allowing people to have a memorable and fun happy hour from the comfort and safety of their own home!
Guests learn about balancing cocktail flavors from an experienced mixologist with instructions, tips, and stories along the way.
And this was all done in just one week!
We had the chance to catch up with Avital and she told us on the phone that she was amazed by how quickly the products started selling...
With very little marketing effort they were already seeing money flowing back into the business.
But not only that, she was suddenly making sales to customers thousands of miles from San Francisco, New York and LA!
“When your business is in crisis, start by recognizing that what worked yesterday may no longer work tomorrow. The faster you experiment, the sooner you’ll discover a path forward.”
- Avital Unger, Avital Tours
The question you need to ask is NOT how am I going to survive but how am I going to THRIVE
Meet Michael and Ryan
“Our new online product is a direct result of the Virtual Tour Business Program. We’ve been featured by Tourism Australia, the Australian Tourism Export Council, Destination New South Whales and Local Tourism Associations as well”
"We're Launching Online Experiences in Early April"
"This idea came up in so many of the listening sessions, and our team is hard at work to make this a reality. We’re focused on how to translate the magic of an in-person experience to digital and want to make sure we get the details just right."
The Virtual Tour Business Online Coaching Program
A complete guide to rapidly launch and sell online tours and experience
A brand-new program that systematically walks you through creating, launching and selling virtual tours, digital products or online services.
What's In "Virtual Tour Business"?
* Virtual Tour Business is divided into 6 core training modules with over 8 hours of down-to-earth, practical instruction.
* All program materials, including videos, templates, PDF’s, done-for-you resources, cheat sheets, and workbooks are accessed online within your personal account.
* Access a members-only Facebook group for networking, innovating and getting the support you need to succeed online
* In-depth Interviews and real-world examples of tour businesses ALREADY profiting from their launched online products and services.
Interested in more details? We've laid out our complete curriculum below so you know exactly what you're getting with this program.
- What you need to know before launching online products and services
- 7 myths and 4 limiting beliefs to leave behind immediately
- How to survive and thrive in our new uncertain industry
- The single most important question you’ll be asking EVERYONE you serve
- Why our ‘KIS’ methodology is the fastest way to put money back on your bottom line
By the end of this module you'll be prepared to rapidly innovate, pivot and serve online
- The Big 5: Five important niches to target immediately with your online products and services
- Receive links to 200+ groups, forums & online communities that serve these essential markets
- The 6 unbelievably effective (AND FREE) tools our researchers use to find customers
- Our fill-in-the-blanks worksheet for rapid and effective market research
- Knowing what your customers really need: The right questions to ask & which answers to ignore
By the end of this module you’ll know who to serve and the exact problems you’re solving
- The $10,000 Menu: 15 done-for-you online product and service templates
- Virtual Magic: Bringing online 25 best practices from the world's top tours and experiences
- Simple, guest-focused guidelines to have your virtual experience be unique and unforgettable
- Airbnb Co-founder Brian Chesky’s foundational principal for creating incredible experiences
- Implement our ‘ENGAGE’ method to create rich, immersive, sensory experiences for your guests
- Access 100+ innovative virtual products and services were tracking in our growing database
- Video and Audio Recording 101: Your crash course in avoiding crappy quality
- The essential do’s and don’ts of Live Streaming and the software we recommend
- How to effectively use the equipment you ALREADY own for capturing quality audio and video
- Our recommended FREE and PREMIUM services for hosting your videos and files
- Getting paid is easier than you think: Four dead-easy, set-it-and-forget-it payment solutions
- The complete guide to delivering your digital goods in a simple, safe and secure way
- The three big mistakes to avoid when pricing online products and services
- How to use the ‘Mattress Method’ to translate the value of your online goods and service into real currency your clients will get
- Our 4 recommended ‘value ladders' to maximize profit from happy customers
- The secret sauce behind high-ticket digital services: Custom, private and premium upsells
- The C.P.R. formula to simple, effective product descriptions
- How to leverage your existing resources, networks and assets to start selling your online experience right now
- Email scripts for reaching 6 target markets
- Why hyper-targeted affiliate marketing, partners, and resellers can skyrocket your sales
- How to be newsworthy
- Crafting blockbuster-worthy stories and how to leverage your press coverage into more clients, cash and coveted opportunities.
- Content marketing for your virtual tours and online experiences
- Paid online ad strategy in a time when money is tight
"This program was the catapult that helped get our virtual activities out the door...I recommend it extremely highly."
Frequently Asked Questions
"Operators, now’s the time to explore. There are a number of great companies out there offering virtual tours. Consider partnering, reselling, or even building your own!"
- Arival.Travel Blog, The In-Destination Voice
"I was able to create, deliver and sell virtual tours, which is super exciting! I wouldn't have been able to do that without the Virtual Tour Business Program. It's a very supportive environment and you don't have to feel silly about what you know and don't know"
You CAN seize this opportunity and WILL succeed with our help. Even if you're thinking...
* What would I create online? - it’s really hard to think of ideas…
* Who would buy my online products and can I even make a profit? My customers ONLY book with me because my tour is intimate and tangible…
* How would I actually deliver online products or services? There’s so much to learn and my skills aren’t suited to this…
* Where would I even begin to market something like this? I wouldn’t know where to start.
* What equipment do I need? My “tech” and video skills/experience are limited at the best of times, this will probably be too difficult…
* How do I build a following? I have no real marketing or IT skills. My online presence is not exactly huge. Plus, It's hard to find the motivation to create great video content when you have no none who’ll watch it...
* I really can’t afford a program right now… I need to save all my money to make sure I can survive until things get back to normal...
These are legitimate concerns - and you should know that we’ve been doing our research.
We’ve done dozens of in-person interviews, polled our industry and sent out surveys to the over 20,000 tour and activity businesses and guides in our own community. We received over 300 replies to just one of the emails we sent… and every single challenge, concern or worry that you shared?
We put it directly into the program.
Acknowledge that, right now, the world needs your special gifts and abilities more than ever before in human history. The revenue to be made from online tours and experiences is there for the taking.
You’re a resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, and this is your opportunity for the taking
Kelsey Tonner is an experienced, global tour guide and founder of the Be a Better Guide Project, a movement that brings together tour guides and tour operators from around the world to learn from one another.
His mission is to help anyone, anywhere, create extraordinary experiences for travellers. With over ten years experience in the industry he has led trips in over fifteen different countries from Europe to the Americas and from Asia to North Africa. He has been a wilderness trip leader, a dog-sledding guide, a volunteer coordinator in an Inuit community and spent four years leading hiking, biking and multi-sport trips with Backroads Canada.
He has visited over sixty countries and set foot on all seven continents. In 2015 Kelsey was chosen from thousands as one of eight shortlisted guides for the Wanderlust World Guide Awards. With practical yet wisecracking advice, Kelsey inspires a global community of professional tour leaders and businesses to give people memories of a lifetime, and helps them earn more money while doing it.
Read more: http://www.beabetterguide.com/about/
Here’s another way to think about it...
- If all this program did was get you just ONE profitable online product that let you generate $100...$150...or $200 per week...would it be worth it?
- If it allowed you to join an innovative group of tour-preneurs, where everyday you were inspired by a new revenue-generating idea… would it be worth it?
- If it saved you months of stress, uncertainty and anxiety and gave you a productive way to channel your talents... would it be worth it?
- And if gave you a brand new set of skills to create, produce and deliver online content to easily connect with potential customers around the world… would it be worth it?
Of course it would!
- Imagine that first online sale - and how it will feel to FINALLY have cash flowing back into your bank account.
- Imagine being able to provide STABLE EMPLOYMENT for your essential staff and guides. What it would mean to them and their families and how loyal they would be in return.
- Imagine being able to authentically and genuinely serve the millions of people around the globe stuck in their homes right now. To be able to bring smiles, laughter, entertaining stories and positivity into their lives.
- Imagine waking up each morning and greeting the day with purpose. Letting go of the negativity and being fired up to tackle a new project and to learn new skills
This is what’s possible with the Virtual Tour Business Program. And that is the choice you have today.
Why Today? Why Now?
Being first means you’ll be NEWSWORTHY. There are hundreds of local, regional and national media outlets that are craving positive stories like yours...
Being first means that you’ll get out in front of your competition and have a ‘blue ocean’ in which to position, evolve and SELL your products…
And Being first means getting CASHFLOW sooner, supporting your family and staff NOW when they need it the most.
You’re Protected by Our Zero-Risk, 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
15 Product Templates
Choose from our pre-made library of online products and services, with guidance on the pros and cons of each format
Step-by-Step Software Solutions
Avoid complexity and unnecessary costs with our simple recommendations for delivering your online products and services
Instantly Reach Customers
We’ve identified five core niches and researched over 200 active online groups, blogs and forums so you can start selling ASAP
A Network of Innovators
With real-time QnA’s, coaching calls and a group of fired-up entrepreneurs, confidently launch with a supportive community at your back
Keep your finger on the pulse of change with access to the 100+ novel digital tours and services were tracking in our rapidly expanding database
On-call Technical Support
We’ve been producing, distributing and selling digital content for 6+ years. We’ve seen it all and will be there to help every step of the way
“Online products and services are THE biggest opportunities for tour businesses and freelance guides right now. Demand for these products off the charts - it’s the single fastest way to get money flowing back into your bank account and have peace of mind in the uncertain months ahead.”
- Kelsey Tonner, Be a Better Guide Project
Wait, because that’s not ALL…
Here are the exclusive registration bonuses you’ll get when you sign up today
Join the Virtual Tour Business Program TODAY and let’s create a new source of income for you and your tour business
"Consulting with Kelsey helped us come up with new ways to upgrade our audio tours and create more memorable experiences! His views on the ideal audio tour generated new features and content ideas we hadn't thought of. If you’re looking to create incredible guest experiences with online products - Kelsey is the man to help.”
- Daphne Tsevreni, Co-founder, CFO at Clio Muse Tours
This is a pivotal moment in your career as a tour leader, experience host or business owner…